Welcome!

This site serves one purpose—to solve all your problems! Okay, it's not quite that simple. But give it a try. Email me your problems and I'll dispense free advice. You can't go wrong with free, right?

Trauma

I hate the dentist. No really, I want to hurt him. Any advice on how to either do it, or how to stop myself from doing it??

Well, this is one of those things where your problem with someone else probably originates within yourself. I don't have a detailed history of your oral health, but I'd wager that you're not brushing 2 or more times a day and flossing daily (correct me if I'm wrong). So my advice is to start doing exactly what your dentist tells you. Then you can be smug and have the attitude of "Ha! No more inflicting of pain on me by you!" And, along with the physical pain, your emotional pain will disappear.

If that doesn't work, I suppose you should consider an anger management class. The bottom line is that you shouldn't try to hurt your dentist for two reasons: 1) it's illegal; and 2) dentists are way better at inflicting pain than the rest of us could ever hope to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stop going. I haven't been in YEARS.

Lizzy said...

Sometimes people just get teeth that came from the low end of the gene pool, doesn't matter what you do you still have bad teeth. I'd opt for a new dentist, preferably a young newly established one (not one that came into an already established practice). The things they teach these days make it alot more pain free. Including numbing you for regular cleanings. Also always cushy things help. My daughters' dentist has personal tvs built into each exam chair. So while the dentist is counting teeth she is watching "Dragon Tales."